New Release Notes
What's new in MediaConch 16.09
Local GUI / CLI / Server / Online
- New policy format to allow complex policies
- Update example policies and displays
- New policy editor to build complex policies
- Policy rules can use MediaTrace
- Handling of FFV1 16-bit bitdepth (YUV and RGB)
- Support of Matroska FieldOrder, MatrixCoefficients, BitsPerChannel, Range, TransferCharacteristics, Primaries new elements
- Stream count policy test (in General section)
- Compare files (technology preview)
Bonus Update for the GUI / Server!
- New API version to handle new policy format
How to Migrate old policies
If you already have policies created before the MediaConch 16.09 release and want them back, follow this procedure:
1. First, go to your local folder:
2. Then, go to MediaConch/policies (or MediaConch\policies on Windows) directory. If it doesn't already exist, create a directory named “-1” and move the XSL files to this directory.
- On Windows: go to %APPDATA% (most of the time, it will be C:\Users$USER\AppData\Roaming).
- On Mac OS: go to your $HOME/Library/Application Support/ directory (most of the time, $HOME will be /Users/$USER).
- On Linux: go to your $HOME/.local/share/ directory (most of the time, $HOME will be /home/$USER).
3. Launch the GUI or Server and policies will be loaded.
4. Contact us if you created complex policies and would like us to move them to the new format