|MediaArea been awarded the PREFORMA first phase design contract for FFV1, Matroska, and LPCM file formats, more info...
|Version 0.7.72, released 2015-01-07, is in memory of Charlie.
What is MediaInfo?
MediaInfo is a convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for video and audio files.
(version 0.7.72, Graphical User Interface with installer, for Windows, 32/64 bit, 5 MB)
(the installer is bundled with a software distribution network. Learn more.)
Other versions (packaging, OS, interface...) are also available
See change log
Please donate to support further development.
The MediaInfo data display includes:
- Container: format, profile, commercial name of the format, duration, overall bit rate, writing application and library, title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: format, codec id, aspect, frame rate, bit rate, color space, chroma subsampling, bit depth, scan type, scan order...
- Audio: format, codec id, sample rate, channels, bit depth, language, bit rate...
- Text: format, codec id, language of subtitle...
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters...
MediaInfo analyticals include:
- Container: MPEG-4, QuickTime, Matroska, AVI, MPEG-PS (including unprotected DVD), MPEG-TS (including unprotected Blu-ray), MXF, GXF, LXF, WMV, FLV, Real...
- Tags: Id3v1, Id3v2, Vorbis comments, APE tags...
- Video: MPEG-1/2 Video, H.263, MPEG-4 Visual (including DivX, XviD), H.264/AVC, Dirac...
- Audio: MPEG Audio (including MP3), AC3, DTS, AAC, Dolby E, AES3, FLAC...
- Subtitles: CEA-608, CEA-708, DTVCC, SCTE-20, SCTE-128, ATSC/53, CDP, DVB Subtitle, Teletext, SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo features include:
- Read many video and audio file formats
- View information in different formats (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- Customise these viewing formats
- Export information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical user interface, command line interface, or library (.dll/.so/.dylib) versions available
- Integrate with the shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalisation: display any language on any operating system
- Localisation capability (for which volunteers are needed - please contact me!)
It is Open-Source software which means that end users and developers have freedom to study, to improve and to redistribute the program (BSD-style license).
PlayTime quickly calculates the total play time of a list of most any music or movie file.
MediaTab integrates MediaInfo into Windows Explorer Property tab.